I Timothy 4:8 tells us “For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.” From this verse we can gather that the soul is more important than the body, but the body is important as well. There is profit to physical exertion, but not such that it should be emphasized over a proper focus on the spiritual and eternal. Striking the proper balance is a goal of Northside’s athletics programs.
- Elementary students have a structured physical education class each week. Students in grades 7-8 are required to take physical education daily.
- A fall soccer league for students in K5-Grade 6 practices during the week and plays on Saturdays.
- A spring basketball league for students in grades 2-6 practices and plays on weekdays.
- NCS fields Junior High and Senior High Girls’ Cheerleading, JV and Varsity Volleyball, and JV and Varsity Basketball.
- The young men play JV and Varsity Soccer, and JV and Varsity Basketball.
- We do not play spring sports so that we can focus on the fine arts festivals.
- We compete in the SCACS Coastal Conference Division 2A, which alternates hosting the State Championship Tournaments.
Download the Northside Athletic Handbook here.