Northside emphasizes the Fine Arts since these are lifelong ministry skills for every student.
- Art instruction is part of the weekly schedule for all elementary students. We make private instruction available for Junior High students.
- Music theory classes are given weekly to all elementary students.
- Private piano is available for students in grades 1-12.
- Elementary choir is offered for young people in grades 3-6, and Elementary band begins in fourth grade.
- Junior High Choir and Band encompass grades 7-8.
- Senior High Choir and Band complete the classroom musical training at NCS.
- NCS students compete in the South Carolina Association of Christian Schools Annual Fine Arts Festival, with over 1,500 students participating. Winners advance to the American Association of Christian Schools Fine Arts Festival at Bob Jones University in Greenville.
- In addition to the competitions, these bands, choirs, and ensembles delight us with formal concerts in the fall, winter, and spring.
- Some speech instruction is available to Elementary students. Junior High Speech and Senior High Speech are required secondary courses.
- Junior High and Senior High Forensics is an exciting and demanding challenge for Northside’s best students. We debate other Christian schools and many of the better public and private schools in the area, state, and region.
- Northside’s On-Stage Players present a major dramatic production each year. Recent plays include Arsenic and Old Lace, Diary of Anne Frank, Cheaper by the Dozen, Ten Little Indians, The Importance of Being Earnest, and The Ransom of Red Chief.
[add_posts category=fine-arts show=5 img=false]